There is no 'Dear' when talking to cancer.

Thursday, January 12, 2017




Cancer,

You bastard.
Why must you even exist?

You probably know my mom and I have had a bit of a rough relationship the past couple of months.
For reasons not needing to be stated here.
However, she asked if she could call me last night.
She says, "I have cancer again."

I didn't say anything for a second (unlike the first time where I broke down in tears and kept saying, "I don't want you to die.")
Is this a cruel joke? Are you laughing?
As I'm sure you know it is in her lymph nodes this time (neck and chest).

How long will you stay this time?
You must relish in patients suffering through chemotherapy and dealing with issues from previous radiation treatments.

I feel you must be in the air we breathe, the food we eat, and everything in between.
Will we ever be rid of you?
Honestly, even if we never are this isn't how her story has to end.

We (family and friends) will do all that we can to make sure you are beat down, and weak, and too scared to stay. You are vicious and so cruel, yet there is still hope. I believe in it. You can't take that away from me.

Not sincerely,
-N






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Nicole Flores-Marlin. Design by Fearne.